Monday, January 10, 2011

Second Chances

Welcome to my new blog! I'm excited to start this thing & actually stick to it this time (if you've followed my blogs in the past...you know what I'm talking about!) ;)

So, to hold myself accountable I'm telling you I will plan to update my blog at least every Monday, Wednesday, Friday. And also so you know, this is one of my "new years resolutions!"

Speaking of new years...my 2011 started out a little rough. Without getting into too much detail I dealt with some pretty serious drama, but it's better now, I'm safe & okay and so are all the parties involved. However, that leaves me thinking about the start of my year, we always want a good start to the year...it's our "fresh start" after all, right? But, what if you mess up the first day of the year, then WHAT? Well, I'm a firm believer in second chances, so I'm giving myself a second chance to 2011. Also, isn't there a saying, "in like a lion, out like a lamb?" Well, let's hope that's how this year goes for me.

So, in excitement of my second chance start to my year...here is what I will be setting out to do in this lovely year!

1. Run a full marathon

Crazy, right? Last year I (barely) completed a half marathon (13.1 miles) but I didn't train properly for it & it left me with extreme hip pain - no bueno. I also completed a sprint triathlon in under 2 hours which was my goal. Needless to say, I was pretty proud of my accomplishments, and I need to top those! So, I vow to train properly for a full marathon in 2011...26.2 miles!

2. Study the Bible and other publications regarding the Bible and Christianity

I went through a tough breakup this year which centered around a difference in beliefs and although I truly love this person, the differences were too much for a successful future in my opinion. I regularly attend church and have a great relationship with God, but I feel like I need to do more research on my religion to grow in my faith. I also think it's important to be able to have "ammo" when I'm questioned about ANYTHING regarding my faith!

3. Get to GOAL

That is my weigh-loss goal...which leaves me needing to lose 30lbs. In the last two years I have lost approximately 40 lbs and only have 30 more to go! I think training for the marathon will help with this goal!

4. Get a job in my field

I graduated with my marketing degree in June of 2008 and I have yet to find a marketing job! I LOVE marketing and I really believe I would be amazing in any marketing position, but I would particularly like to work in event marketing or advertising! So, I will be plugging away & trying to make every connection possible to check this goal off my list in 2011!

5. Become more financially responsible

In October 2010 I took a chance, quit my full-time job & moved out of state from Michigan to North Carolina. Thankfully, when I got here I was able to find a part-time holiday/retail job. I'm currently still employed, but I'm not sure how long they will keep me on their payroll. From going to making "X" amount to making half that...and only working half the hours, I've really had to cut back on my expenses. It has taught me a lot, especially the fact that I can survive on my current income and I also think of things in prospective of: "If I buy this, it will cost me three hours of my pay" rather than thoughtless purchases. My goal is to set a budget and be strict with it so I can save money for things like a house, new car, VACATION!

Okay, that's my post for the day...now I need your help to keep me on track, so feel free to comment and ask about my progress from time to time. :) Many blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment